experience lasted about six hours. No ill effects
followed. There was no headache, nor any
disturbance of the digestion.
During the winter of 1915, a species of
Panaeolus spontaneously appeared in a mushroom
greenhouse in New York. These fruiting bodies
were accidentally eaten together with the
champignons that were cultivated there. This error
led to cases of intoxications so remarkable that
Murrill described the mushroom as Panaeolus
venenosus. Some time passed before it was
discovered that this species had previously been
described as Agaricus
subbalteatus B. & Br. from England in 1861. The
combination term that is in use today, Panaeolus
subbalteatus (B.& Br.) Sacc. was first published in
Other cases of intoxications with similar
symptoms caused by the Panaeolus species have
been reported in the United States (1917), as well
as from Australia (after 1940), where the species
involved was described as "Panaeolus ovatus
Cooke & Massee".
In 1939, these reports induced Schultes,
in agreement with Linder's classification
experiments, to publish as Panaeolus sphinctrinus
(Fr.) Quel. the teonanacatl mushroom described
in the Mexican literature from the 16th and 17th
However, Wasson, Heim and their
collaborators, as well as Singer, were unable to
document the usage of Panaeolus mushrooms in
Mexico, in addition to their reports about the usage
of psychoactive Psilocybe species from the 1950s.
By 1959, even Guzman referred to this species as
"the false teonanacatl". So far, he has been unable
to document native usage of any Panaeolus
species in Mexico. In fact, the natives of Mexico
consider bluing, hallucinogenic Panaeolus
mushrooms to be poisonous.
Despite the poisoning case reported in
England, the early German literature does not
classify Panaeolus species as poisonous (see
Figure 27). The Psilocybe species were treated
Figure 27 describes the mushroom's
characteristics as accurately as Figure 3 (p. 6)
depicts its habitus. More recent descriptions are
usually less detailed and thorough than Michael &
Schulz's from 1927.
In Germany, a case of intoxication with
Panaeolus mushrooms was first reported in 1957
(see Figure 28). From today's perspective, it
appears that the mushroom responsible for the
intoxication was most likely Panaeolus retirugis
About 30 to 60 minutes after ingestion of
the cooked mushrooms, the woman's field of
vision began to quiver increasingly. At the same
time, her pupils were extremely dilated. As she
began to have difficulties breathing, she suffered
a full-fledged anxiety attack. All objects appeared
as if obscured by curtains. After the effects had
subsided, no symptoms of lasting damage could
In 1970, another poisoning case with
Panaeolus subbalteatus occurred in Leipzig.
Similar to the 1915 incident in New York, the
mushrooms spontaneously emerged among a
culture of artificially cultivated mushroo This
physician reported that the use of psychoactive mushrooms, as well as 21 other drugs was well demonstrated during a survey on
drug abuse that was conducted in Southern Queensland during l969. This survey relied on interviews of 51 people belonging to the
surfer subculture local beach resorts.
firstname.lastname@example.org Loc Info Vn Lefaso Info Lefaso Southcott 1974, reviewed the literature and reported
that P. cubensis, P. subaeruginosa, P. collybioides, C. cyanescens, and P. foenisecii had apparently been responsible for a number
of accidental mushroom poisonings i.e., psychologically disturbing experiences which occurred in Australia between l941 to l973.
And again Cribb and Cribb 1975 also reported the occurrence in Australia of Psilocybe cubensis.
It accounts largely for the degree to which we
feel either vitalized or tired. Standing in running water such as an ocean surf, stream or river, and even a
common shower, acts to restore a measure of one�s chi when tired, which is why doing these activities
feels refreshing. The same can be done via the wind and through direct sunlight. Everything we are as
physical bodies, and everything in nature is composed of subatomic particles. Bsqbxjaqslzosharklaserscom
The major dangers associated with psilocybin poisonings are primarily psychological in nature. Anxiety or
panic states bad trips, depressive or paranoid reactions, mood changes, disorientation and an inability
to distinguish between reality and fantasy may occur.
Recommended treatment for this type of poisoning should always be primarily supportive. Mycologist Dr. Sales Rolashades Com Loc Nl